Friday, November 19, 2010

Recuperation

No, I've not been sick.  I've been recuperating from the November edition of the Albuquerque Main Library's $3-a-bag book sale.

Don't get me wrong.  I love books.  I love getting books for $3 a bag.  It 's just VERY tiring schlepping all those books around.  There are times I wish I'd gotten a lighter weight hobby.  But no.

On a positive note, the best way to recuperate from the book sale is to lay on the couch and read one of the books.  So tough to do (tongue firmly in cheek)!  The cat likes it too, since my lap is handy for naps for him.

Note:  some time ago I mentioned this book sale to a coworker.  She looked at me and said in all seriousness, "I hope you got some good books in your bags."  I looked at her stunned when I realized she thought that a '$3-a-bag book sale' meant you went to the library, paid $3 and the library staff handed you a random bag of books.  Um, in a word, no.  I explained to her that this was not a literary version of buying a pig in a poke.  You either bring your own bag or use one of the brown paper, grocery-style bags they provide and then you look through the thousands of books they have out on tables.  You get to select any books that take your fancy and then pay the nice ladies at the cash registers.

Happy reading!
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment