Friday, July 26, 2013

Weather Hi-jinks

We've been in drought conditions for several years now.  This summer Mother Nature has been making up for lost time.

Last night, the weathercasters were talking about how Moriarty (east of Albuquerque) was getting a lot of lightning.  I walked outside around 11 PM and sure enough, there was a lot of lightning off to the east.  It looked cool, but like 'not a big deal'.

I went to bed around midnight.  It's a good thing I had today (Friday) off because I woke up and my alarm clock was flashing, meaning the power had been off for a while.  If this had been a work day, I'd have been late to work.

I'm not sure when the power went off and for how long - after all, I was asleep at the time.  In calculating the time the clock had been flashing, it looked as though the power came back on around 4:30 PM. 

Tonight, the weathercasters said that between the hours of 10 PM and 4 AM, the Albuquerque metro area got 1,000 lightning strikes.  Wow! 

Right now, 7:15 PM on Friday, it looks like we've got another storm moving in.  Lots of wind and clouds. 















Staying under cover,
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment