Saturday, August 3, 2013

Taos Photos

Well, I'm a bit embarrassed.  I thought I'd left my camera behind in Taos -- with all my photos.  Imagine my surprise when I was rummaging in a bag I'd taken with me on the trip and, voila!  There, in a side pocket I thought I'd already looked through, is my camera.  Woohoo!

Here are some ceramic chickens that are posted along the edge of the front porch.  Allegedly, when Dennis Hopper was in Taos while working on 'Easy Rider', he would get pie-eyed and take potshots at the chickens.  They look pretty good in spite of it.





 


Here are some photos of my room.  It was called the Nicholai Fechin room.  Fechin was a noted portrait artist.  I was surprised they didn't have an example of his paintings in the room, even it's just a copy of some sort.
 
 
For those not familiar with Southwest architecture, this is a kiva-style fireplace next to an adobe brick wall.  It got cool in the evenings, but not enough to need to use the fireplace.
 
Next is the nice old-fashioned (looking) bed and chest.  The bed was comfy and I had no problems getting to and staying asleep.
 
When Mabel Dodge Luhan built the main house, she knowingly built it RIGHT NEXT TO the boundary lines of Taos Pueblo.  While looking around Mabel's property, I saw this sign.  (For those who are wondering, I made SURE to stay on Mabel's side of the boundary line while taking the photo.)
 



















Over the years I've seen any number of 'No Trespassing' signs.  This is the first one I've ever seen that mentions a Pueblo Warchief -- or any other type of Warchief for that matter.

I may post a few more of my photos in the future.  I sure did have a good time taking them.

Papillon

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment