Sunday, December 12, 2010

Feeling Good

After having spent some time as one of the countless unemployed persons and having my resumes ignored by all and sundry, I suddenly am having much better 'luck'.

Around mid-week I was contacted about my interest in a position at a local entity which runs/owns two of the local TV stations.  Since then, I've had my first interview.

Then, at about the same time, I was contacted by Sandia National Lab about my interest in a position there.  Friday morning I went in for testing - they want to make sure you can read and do math and follow instructions and have more than a passing familiarity with Microsoft Office.  I did well on all of the tests except for Excel.  Even though I use Excel on a regular basis, they were using 2007.  I have not had a chance to use it and with the 24 hour notice I did not have a chance to track down a tutorial to run.  So, for a while I was pulling out my hair, but eventually got through it with a passing score.  Hooray!

I go in for an initial interview on Monday for Sandia.  I'm waiting to hear if the TV stations want to do a second interview.

Woohoo!  It sure feels nice to be popular.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment