Friday, December 17, 2010

A Snow Day

It's been a long dry autumn here in New Mexico.  So we felt some relief when the weather forecasters said we'd be getting some precipitation starting yesterday.

The forecasters were right.  I woke up yesterday to cloudy and rainy skies.  Hooray!  I ran some errands and then headed home since the forecast was for the rain to turn to snow.  Sure enough, it did shortly after I got home.  I was expecting an inch or two.  That expectation was dashed when it kept snowing and snowing and snowing.

Here's what it looked like out my front door around 10 PM last night.
This morning I woke up to approximately 4-5 inches of snow.  We rarely get this much snow here on the west side of Albuquerque.  Needless to say, I'm going to spend most of the day here at home. 


It's supposed to warm up to 40 degrees.  However, as of noon, we are still in the low to mid 30's.  Some melting has occurred, but there's still a whole lot of snow hanging around.

Papillon


No comments:

Post a Comment