Friday, March 25, 2011

Bummer - An Update

The plumbing in my home is now fixed and well insulated and working.  Hooray!

It's nice to know that the next time the temperatures drop below freezing, I don't have to worry that the pipes leading to my bathroom fixtures will freeze as well.

I also can stop worrying that a new leak could pop up at any time, especially in light of having 25+ year-old poly-butylene (sp?) pipes. 

Plus I have several small projects that had been needing to be done that were taken care of as part of the re-piping project - like new water connections for the washer/dryer.

All in all, a good ending to a bad episode.  Now I get to spend the weekend with an open trench in the front yard and several openings in the walls where the new pipes were threaded in.  They can't be closed up until the City of Rio Rancho sends somebody out to inspect the work.  But it's OK, I can live with that.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment