Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things That Make You Go H-m-m-m

A couple of weeks ago, my younger sister (A2) decided to make a quick day trip to visit my mom.  On the way home, she sees a pickup truck headed pulling a horse trailer.  She also sees the horse inside the trailer sticking its head out - just like dogs do when they're riding in cars.  She said she had never seen this before and was highly amused.

My older sister (A1) then related this story.  Earlier in the summer, she and my BIL were on their way either to or from an annual reunion of his family in Nebraska.  What did they see?  A pickup truck pulling a horse trailer.  And the horse is sticking its head out - just like dogs do when they're riding in cars.  She was highly amused.

Today I'm on my way home from work.  While heading westbound on I-40 I come up behind a pickup truck pulling a horse trailer.  There were 3 or 4 horses inside.  One of them, a very nice looking dark brown horse, was (you guessed it) sticking its head out of the trailer.  As I pulled alongside the trailer, the horse looked me in the eye & nodded its head.  It certainly seemed to be enjoying the wind in its hair.

Here my sisters and I have gone multiple decades (each) and have never seen this before.  And in less than 4 months, each of us have seen a horse acting like a dog.

Go figure!
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment