Friday, October 7, 2011

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

I feel sad for this year's participants in this year's Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.  It started out nicely with lovely weather last weekend.

Unfortunately, the weather has gone downhill since late on Tuesday. It's been rainy or windy or both windy and rainy. 

An aside -- I had to laugh at myself.  I woke up this morning around 6:00 AM and thought, 'What is making that odd noise?"  I almost got up to go check and then realized the noise I was hearing was rain on the roof.  Oh, right.  THAT'S what that sounds like.

Because of this morning's rain, the mass ascension was canceled.

I do have one more photo taken last weekend.  Here's a balloon coming in for a landing.












I'm hoping the weather's better tomorrow and Sunday.  I'm hoping I can get some more photos.

Ya gotta love those balloons.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment