Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolat Pour Vous

Several weeks ago I was browsing the used books at Goodwill.  I spotted a nice copy of Chocolat by Joanne Harris.  Although I have not seen the movie, I had heard good things about it.  I decided to buy the book.

I found it to be a fun read.  When I was done I took it to work and asked a coworker if she'd like to read it.  She said she had seen the movie and liked it.  She thought it would be fun to read the book.

Today she brought it back and said she had enjoyed it very much.  She said it had taken her the better part of the week to read it because she doesn't have a lot of time to read at home (family concerns).  Her only current chance to read is when she's riding the bus to work.

The even-more-fun part of this?  Because the bus she takes to work is used by other coworkers, there's a consistent group of people who ride the same bus every day.  Several other women saw what she was reading.  Two of the women - one had a copy of the movie and brought it in for the other to watch.  A third woman asked my coworker if she (third woman) could read Chocolat now that my coworker was done.  Since the book is mine my coworker said she did not feel comfortable loaning out my property. 

Me?  I said what the heck.  It's not like I bought the book brand new especially for me.  Let's get folks reading!  I told my coworker to let the third woman read the book.  All I ask is that she use a bookmark and not fold the pages to mark her spot.

Unleash the books!

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment