Friday, November 23, 2012

Hot Air Balloon in the Afternoon

It's been a lazy Thanksgiving weekend.  This afternoon I was napping on the couch.  When I first heard the noise, I thought it was the furnace firing up.  When it didn't, I wondered if it was someone taking a hot air balloon.

This is unusual, simply because most balloon rides take place in the mornings.  I'm not 100% sure of the reasons why, but it's traditionally the time of day when balloons go up.

After I heard a couple more bursts of propane firing up, I wandered outside and sure enough, there went a balloon headed off to the north.



















The trees reside in my neighbors' yard.

I've been listening to the reports about Black Thursday/Friday shopping.  I like my weekend plans/non-plans better. 

I did go to the Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival this morning.  I had a fun time looking around at all the creative endeavors.  I even bought a few things, including some pasta/orzo in fun flavors.  Yummy!

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment