Friday, May 3, 2013

Big Decision

I've been thinking about this for a long time. 

When I bought my house 21 years ago (moved in 21 years ago this first weekend in May), I had plenty of room.  However, after all these years, I've acquired a bunch more stuff.  Granted, I could get rid of some of it, but most of it I want to keep.

That said, I've decided to buy a bigger house.  No, not a McMansion.  If you buy a big house, you also have to clean all that extra space.  Instead of 2 bedrooms/1 bath, which is what I've got now, I want 3 bedrooms/2 baths and about half again as much space. 

I want to be like Goldilocks.  It can't be too big or too small.  It needs to be just right.

This morning I went by the credit union and was pre-approved.  This afternoon I met with my real estate agent.  (She's the same one I used 21 years ago.)  We spent a bunch of time getting caught up on what's happened since then.  We've got an appointment set to look at houses on my next Friday off.

I'm feeling happy - a new house!  I'm feeling scared - I'm getting a new mortgage!

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment