Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cesar the cat

I've decided to call the new cat Cesar.  It can be pronounced either SEE-zar or SAY-zar.  I tend to lean more towards SEE-zar.

We went to the vet today.  I knew Cesar was a hefty cat.  It turns out he weighs - wait for it - 13 pounds.  Yep.  He's not a huge eater.  More of a nibbler.  He still weighs 13 pounds.  And he is solidly built, rather like a furry rectangle with legs.

The only problem spotted was conjunctivitis in his right eye.  I noticed he's been only partially opening it.  I now get to put drops in his eye several times a day for at least a week.  What fun!

He doesn't seem to be much of a player.  He was indifferent to a number of toys left over from Oscar's era.  So, of course, I went out and bought more.  More - meh.  I bought a flat scratching post that has toys inside.  He likes to sit on it and sharpen his claws.  Has he played with the interior toys?  Nope.

I did buy him a collar with a bell.  Although he's less clingy than he was yesterday, he still likes to follow me around.  The bell helps me keep track of him.  It's a pretty blue, the color of his eyes.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment