Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Progress is being made

Cesar seems to be loosening up.  Example:  for the first week the only sounds I heard from him were a couple of sad-sounding meows on the way home.  After that, he was silent.  For a Siamese, this is not normal.

Almost exactly a week after I brought him home, he gave me two soft, small meows.  Since then, he's not a 'talker' but he does meow, especially in greeting me when I get home from work.

Also, for the past week and a half, he's showed NO interest in toys of any kind.  Catnip mice, whiffle balls, nothing seemed to interest him.  Imagine my surprise and pleasure tonight when I noticed he was actually playing with the scratching box.  I'd bought a flat cat-scratcher that has openings so cats can bat at the balls inside.  He used it as a scratching device until tonight, when he began poking his paws into the openings.

Then, he started batting around the catnip mice.  And having a great, good time doing so.  I was at the computer when he jumped up on my desk and dumped a mouse (catnip) in my lap.  I threw it.  He attacked it and then brought it to me.  I threw it.  He attacked it and brought it to me.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Being a cat, this was only for a few reps, but my new cat fetches!

Quite a change from the traumatized, quiet cat I brought home a week and a half ago.

Progress!

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment