Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Minor Annoyances

Because I live just outside of Albuquerque, I have access to both my town's library and the libraries in Albuquerque.  This is fun because it significantly widens the pool of book possibilities.

The closest Albuquerque branch library is in the Taylor Ranch neighborhood.  Sometimes I think the library staff is psychic in a slightly annoying sort of way.

This is because I had requested several books.  They left me a voice mail message the other day saying I had a book ready to be picked up.  I got busy and waited a couple of days before picking it up today.  After I got home, I found another message - another book is ready to be picked up.  Grrr!  The second book was NOT on the hold shelf when I picked up the first book. 

Oh, well.  In the grand scheme of things, this is a petty annoyance indeed.  It could be worse.  And if this is the worst thing that happens to me this year, it'll be a pretty good year.

Another annoyance?  The weather.  Mother Nature is being a great big tease.  For most of the afternoon, there've have been lovely dark clouds all around my house.  Have I seen a drop of rain?  Why no.  To rub salt in the wound, the local news showed that the east side of town had gotten a very lovely shower. 

Ah, well.

Keeping my

No comments:

Post a Comment