Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life's Too Short...

I bought another book today.  (Yes.  Another. One.)  It was an impulse buy and easy to make since I was at the local Dollar Tree and therefore, it was only one whole dollar.

It's by a lady named Pat Lorenz and is called Life's Too Short to Fold Your Underwear.  The title amused me (no, I don't fold my underwear) so I got it.

In the chapter entitled 'Life's Too Short to Worry about Getting Old'.  In this chapter she talks about how, after entering her 50's, she entered a whole new world and sums up her new basic philosophies concerning cooking and cleaning.  The summary follows:

- Help keep the kitchen clean - eat out.
- My next house will have no kitchen, just vending machines.
- A messy house is a sign of a misspent life.
- A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious.
- Countless numbers of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.
- Housework done properly can kill you.
- A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

As long as at least one of those cookies contains white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts, I entirely agree with all of the above.

Now I've got the munchies.  I think I'll go to my deliriously happy kitchen and see if I can find something fun to eat.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment