Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. -- Russel Baker

Deep summer is when laziness finds respecability. -- Sam Keen

Summer has set in with its usual severity. -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Heat, ma'am!  It was so dreadful here, that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones. -- Sydney Smith

A bit of hyperbole perhaps, but I've gotten to that point in the summer when all I want to do is recline on the couch and read an easy-to-read book.  Or take a nap.  Or read a book followed by a nap.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Unfortunately, this heat-induced lethargy is having an adverse effect on my needlepoint efforts.  I'm feeling far too lazy to do even background.

Fortunately, the summer looks like it's winding down.  We've still got warmer temperatures, but they're not as hot as they were earlier in the summer - mid to upper 80's instead of mid to upper 90's.

So, I think I'll just get a cold glass of something and relax.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment