Wednesday, September 15, 2010

State Fair

Today I went to the NM State Fair.  I almost didn't go because it's still slightly hot outside.  But I saw a notice in the paper that they were discounting the entrance fee by $2.  So what the heck, I was on my way.  When I arrived, it turns out the entrance fee was $2, not $2 off the regular amount of $7.  Yippee!

As usual when I go to the State Fair, I never go to the midway.  I have a very low threshold for nausea and so I try to avoid things like midway rides.

Instead I headed for the contest venues.  Among other things I entered two photos I took a number of months ago at the fountain in front of the Albuquerque Museum.  They didn't win anything, but I really like the way they turned out.



I also entered a couple pieces of my needlepoint.  I designed the patterns for both - they're based on photos I've taken.  The first one won a second place ribbon.


Finally, I entered a pillow with pansies.  It won a third place.


 
Granted first place on everything would have been nice, but I'm always glad to win something!  It's better than a poke in the eye with a stick.  Plus, I took a good look at the winning photos and will now know how to do things next year.  Practice, practice, practice!

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment