Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Weird and Annoying Week

The week started to get weird and annoying on Tuesday morning.  It was a cold morning, around 17 degrees. So when the low tire pressure indicator came on, I figured things would be OK once the tires got warmed up.

Things weren't OK.  The indicator stayed on.  I stopped at a gas station on the way to work and pumped some air into all the tires.  That helped and the indicator went off.  On the way home, I stopped at another gas station and made sure all the tires were up to the correct pressure.

On Wednesday the weather went to hell in a hand basket.  A nasty cold front blew through, literally.  All day it was cold and VERY windy.  Normally I would stay inside as much as possible, but work required me to be out and about.

Then, on Thursday, I noticed my sinuses were acting up.  Tight and some drainage (TMI?) causing some sporadic coughing.  I took some OTC sinus medication and things seemed to get better.

That is until Friday rolled around.  My sinuses were really tight and lots more coughing.  The OTC medication helped a little.  I was worried that I might be too sick to take part in Xmas activities.

Saturday morning I woke up to a headache and a whole lot of coughing.  However, after a while, things calmed down and the OTC medicine was helping.  At that point I thought I'd head to Target, get some additional OTC stuff and head home.

Imagine my annoyance when the low tire pressure indicator popped up.  WTH?  I drove to Target, but when I got out of the car, I noticed the left front tire was not flat, but it was rather low.  I got back in the car and drove to Firestone.  I've had the car for 4 years and the tires are originals, so I just went ahead and bought a new set.

They initially told me it'd be about an hour and a half or two hours before they could get me in and get things done.  I strolled over to a nearby Dollar Tree and got a bag of nuts.  Then on to the Goodwill next door.  There I found an Agatha Christie I hadn't read in a while.  I headed back to Firestone to wait things out.  Surprisingly, I was feeling better than I had in about 48 hours.  Not 100%, but at least around 75%.

The Firestone folks got me out in about an hour and I headed on home where I spent most of the rest of the day on the couch.  This helped and I did feel better - at about 80-85%.  It's been kinda up and down today, but the coughing has subsided a bit.  That's always good.

I'm hoping things continue to get better, but I'm going to continue to keep the OTC medication and Kleenex handy for the foreseeable future.

Joyeux Noel.
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment