Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thinking of Mom

In New Mexico, auto license plates usually have 3 letters/3 numbers or 3 numbers/3 letters.  I've occasionally seen license plates with letter combinations of my sisters' initials and more occasionally those of my dad.  I'd not seen any with my mom's initials.

Last weekend, I was running some errands and something happened that, if Mom were still alive, I would have included in my weekly letter to her.  As I was sitting in traffic and thinking of this, I looked over and there was a license plate with Mom's initials on it.  I was amused - it seemed like Mom was letting me know she was thinking of me.

In the intervening week, I've seen several more license plates with Mom's initials.  I'd like to think she's letting me know she's OK.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment