Sunday, January 13, 2013

Even though this was my 9/80 Friday off and therefore a 3-day weekend, it has not been the best of weekends.

Friday was cold and WINDY.  In spite of that, I got a number of errands run.

Yesterday I did battle with an iPod nano that I had bought.  I've got some mp3 files I want to listen to while preparing for a writing retreat that I signed up for.  (The retreat is in February.)  For starters, the iPod didn't want to converse with my older computer.  I got things started with my laptop, but that has got to be one of the more annoying sign-up processes.  I thought I got things working, however, the iPod doesn't want to recognize the mp3 files, let alone play them.  It took everything I had to restrain myself from flinging the damned thing across the room.

This morning I woke up and found that I have NO water.  None.  Zero.  Zip.  Now, it was supposed to be the coldest night of the year last night.  We were forecast to get down to around around zero.  I had my house re-piped a couple of years ago and they said they put all sorts of insulation around my pipes.

I called the city to see if the meter might have frozen.  The young woman I talked to said they had crews out dealing with a main line break.  I'm wondering if that could be the problem.  I think I shall wind this up and call a couple of neighbors to see if they're experiencing problems.

It's entirely possible that it's a water main problem.  I hopped in my car to go use Walmart's bathrooms and pick up some bottled water to use to fill my toilet tank.  The thermometer said it was 14 to 15 degrees.  We've had colder mornings without a problem.

I just heard from the plumber.  They're so busy, it may be late this afternoon before they can get someone freed up to come by my house.  Yikes!

Oh, when I went out to get the newspaper, what should I see but two hot air balloons.  If it's 14 degrees on the ground, it must be below freezing up where they're at.  Are these people insane?

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment