Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rainy Day! Hooray!

After months and months and years of minimal rain, we got a good 2-hour soak today.  Hooray!

For a while it cleared up, then another rain shower.

More clearing and then lots of wind with some rain.

For now, it looks like it's been raining lightly enough that I haven't heard it, but the windows and roads are wet.

I'm glad it's happening on a Saturday.  If temps get below freezing tonight, the roads could be dicey tomorrow morning.  Instead of worrying about going to work, I can just stay home and sleep in.

On the other hand, the forecasters are saying there might be more headed our way through Tuesday.  We might even get some snow.  Sigh.

I figure I'll take it a day at a time.  If things look slick on Monday or Tuesday, I'll go in late.  I've got vacation time and see no reason to endanger myself by trying to get to work on time if the roads are too slick.  (My desire to be retired peaks at times like this.)

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment