Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hooray!

I think the final, final, final period has been put on my water leak.

I think the leak had gone on for several hours, possibly days, before it finally bubbled up in my bathroom and headed down the hallway.  That's because my water bill (received this week) was about half again higher than my normal water bill.  Payable, but still .... Yikes!

Yesterday I called the water utility and politely asked if there was any possible way of having the bill reduced.  The nice young woman on the other end of the phone said certainly!  All I had to do was drop off a copy of the bill from the plumber to prove that the repair work was done.  Off I went to city hall and dropped of said copy.

The powers-that-be then looked over the bill to make sure everything was OK.  This morning I got a phone call letting me know that my bill was reduced by about 40%.  Woohoo!  It just goes to show it never hurts to ask. 

Feeling good!
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment