Friday, April 29, 2011

Tea and Roses

Today one of the local nurseries (Osuna Nursery for the curious) partnered with a local tea room (St James Tearoom) to put on an event combining tea and roses. 

I decided to brave the high winds and airborne dust that are so prevalent in Albuquerque in April and see what was to be seen.

As to be expected, there were lots of lovely roses - such as


















And then there was


















The tea was as yummy as the roses.  They served tea (of course) and a number of food items.  Two that I tasted were cucumber sandwiches and lavender shortbread.  I LOVED the lavender shortbread.  It was not only yummy but fun as well.

After having tea and admiring the roses, I wandered through the rest of the nursery since I love to see all the blooming plants.

I have long been a fan of dahlias.  Here's a pretty yellow one.


















And I loved the color of this little pansy.


















I'm glad I didn't let the weather deter me from having a fun and colorful time this afternoon.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment