Saturday, December 3, 2011

Extremes

I like moderation in all things.  I am NOT a fan of extremes. 

This applies to food - not too bland and not too spicy.
And to clothing - not too much, not too skimpy.
I especially dislike poltical and religious extremism.

All of this also applies to weather.  I love spring and autumn.  The weather (usually) is not too hot and not too cold. It is normally just right.

I am not a big fan of summer.  However, air conditioning is a big mitigating factor.

I am the smallest fan ever of winter.  I don't like cold.  I don't like windy and cold.  I especially don't like to have to personally experience snow.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to look at snow.  I don't mind looking at photos at snow.  Or, looking at snow from indoors is OK.  As long as I don't have to actually go out into it.

What brings all of this up is the current weather.  It snowed very lightly last night.  It melted off rapidly this morning. 
It's snowing again tonight.  I'm willing to be fine with it since tomorrow is Sunday and I don't HAVE to go anywhere tomorrow.

The forecasts say there may be more snow on Sunday night.  NOOOOOO!!  I hate driving in snow.  I can do it, I just hate it while I'm there.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the forecasters are wrong.  But I'm suspecting they're not since the chance for snow tomorrow night is 90%.  (Forceful expletive deleted)  On one positive note, they're only expecting about an inch.  If they've got to be right, let's hope they're right about that.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment