Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bunnies & War

Gee, ain't I a stinker! - Bugs Bunny

Of course you realize this means war! - Bugs Bunny
-------------------------------
There's a fair amount of wildlife in my neighborhood.  Coyotes, quail, squirrels, and, of course, rabbits.
Up until now, I've had a pretty good relationship with all of them.  I don't bother them & normally they don't bother me.

Recently I bought some bedding plants.  So far the rabbits have ignored the sage & rosemary.  But they zeroed right in on the peppermint.  I noticed the plant was looking a bit nibbled on.  However, I draw the line at them stripping it right down to the stems.  If those wascally wabbits are too proud to eat the weeds growing in my yard, then I'm not going to enable them by provide them peppermint to cleanse their little palates.

Fortunately, I caught it in time so there's still some greenery left & the plant looks perky enough.  What's left of it.

Thinking of Bugs Bunny, I once used one of his quotes while at work.  I think I'd gotten to the office & was commenting on someone's driving during the morning commute.  I concluded by saying "what a maroon!"  A coworker then corrected me saying, "It's pronounced moron."  All I could do was stare at her & then turn & walk away.  I've never been quite sure if she'd been so culturally deprived as to never have seen a Bugs Bunny cartoon or if she was, in fact, a maroon herself.

Off to water the plants,
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment