Monday, June 14, 2010

The State of the World

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
- Mark Twain
-------------------------------
I've been trying to come up with a post on the state of the world.  Something pithy & humorous & totally on point.
 
Essentially I came up with nada.  However, the above quote from Mark Twain pretty much sums up how I feel about the state of things past & present.
 
It seems I'm in the mood for quotes today.  Another interesting one is:
 
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

- Frank Zappa

I never thought I'd be quoting Frank Zappa, but here he is.  His quote reminds me of the one by Albert Einstein (and I'm paraprasing) where he says there are only 2 infinite things - the universe & stupidity & he wasn't sure about the former.

It looks like I'm in 'cynical mode' today.  I'm not sure why.  All in all it was a fairly good day.  Weatherwise, sunny & not too hot - which pretty much sums up how the day went.

Oh, well.  Some days are like that, I suppose.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment