Sunday, June 6, 2010

Style - I Don't Have It

Recently I was re-reading Linda Ellerbee's book "Moving On".  In one of the chapters, she writes the following:

"I began to understand that style didn't guarantee happiness.  Still, who cared?  Sure, Snow White, who had no style, lived happily ever after, but Auntie Mame lived.....For most of my life, I did battle with The Clothes Rules.  To me, dressed is jeans, a shirt (T- for summer, sweat for winter) and shoes (sneakers for summer, boots for winter).  Anything else is costume.....(Mama said I became a writer just so I could dress badly.)"

I knew there was a reason why I'm a fan of this woman.  Actually, there are a number of reasons.  She's got one heckuva sense of humor to list another.  But it's so nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way about to wear on any given day.

----------------------------------
So far, I'm doing fairly well.  My blog is 2 days old & now has 2 whole posts.  This could taper off after a while.  Maybe yes, maybe no.  As the late, lamented humorist from Georgia, Lewis Grizzard, once said, writing a column is rather like living with a nymphomaniac.  It's kinda fun....at first.  Later on, not so much.

For those who are fans of Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way", she stresses doing daily pages.  Of course, she says you need to do them by writing them out, literally.  I'm hoping to combine my efforts.  Do some pages in longhand & then do some blogging.

I am thinking I probably will want to carry a small notebook with me.  Keep track as thoughts occur to me during the day, so they don't just vanish from my brain prior to sitting in front of the computer.

Hasta la vista!
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment