Monday, June 7, 2010

Cat Naps - Curiouser & Curiouser

"Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom."

"That project is a goat rodeo. It's like an exercise in herding cats."
------------------------------------



My cat, Oscar, has a problem comprehending naps.  OK, let me be more specific.  He has absolutely NO problem with naps when HE is the one taking a nap.  He has a problem comprehending ME taking a nap.  He seems to think that human naps are really a ploy by which I'm indicating that I really want to spend 15-30 minutes petting him.

He will ignore me for hours at a time while perfecting his already well-honed nap technique.  However, if I make any indication (and that includes just thinking the thought) I plan on stretching out to take a nap - he is Johnny-on-the-spot to try & convince me to pet him instead.  I have seen him wake up from a nap he is taking to walk over & disrupt my attempt to take a nap.  Once I give up & get up from my aborted nap attempt, he will walk away, find a comfy place & go back to his nap.

Note:  this appears to be a foible of this particular cat.  My two previous cats were both overjoyed to see me take a nap.  They would join me in the endeavor.  We spent many a happy time having a group nap.  But not the current cat.  I think he does it just to mess with my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment