Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cat Weirdness

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." - Unknown
--------------------------------
Dogs are essentially omnivores.  With certain exceptions like onions & grapes, they can eat most anything.

Cats need lots more protein.  I once saw a documentary where a British expert said that the perfect meal for a cat is a mouse.

That being the case, why do cats like to eat the strangest things? 
Examples:
- A friend used to have a cat who liked broccoli with cheese.
- My family used to own a Siamese who LOVED graham crackers.  And champagne.

The champagne leads to a funny story.  The cat didn't originally love champagne.  But one New Year's Eve I put a drop of champagne on my finger & offered it to him.  He acted like I'd just offered him a drop of liquid arsenic.  I dab the drop on his nose.  He licked it off.  You could see him thinking about it - 'hmm, not bad.  Better than I thought.'  So I offered him another drop.  He licked that up.  Next thing you know, he's trying to drink out of my glass.

My current cat is carrying on the family tradition.
He likes:
- croissants
- wine (but not hard liquor)
- butterscotch pudding
- Wheat Thins
- and the list goes on.

Interestingly, he's not overly fond of Thanksgiving turkey.

Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment