Friday, June 25, 2010

Hitting the Bottom Line

I have yet to figure out why people crank up the bass to its maximum when playing their music.  A couple of days ago I was driving around town & a man drove by.  The bass was cranked up so loudly that it sounded like his speakers were going to explode.  I made sure to give him plenty of room just in case they did.

A similar incident happened several years ago.  I was stopped at a red light.  All of a sudden my vehicle started to vibrate.  I was worried that I was looking at some pretty pricey repairs until I realized it was a car behind me with the bass cranked up.  I wouldn't be surprised if local seismographs were registering that car.

What brings all this to mind?  I live several blocks from a local city-run swimming pool.  (I moved into the house before the city put in the pool.)  Occasionally during the summer they will host evening pool parties.  I don't have a problem with that.  What I do have a problem with (sometimes) is their music.  When tonight's party started they had the music & the bass line cranked up so high that it felt like my heart was beating in time with the music.  You could feel the windows vibrating in sympathy.

Someone (not me!) must have complained because for a while there was silence.  When the music started back up, it was at a much quieter level.  I can still hear it, but now it's in the background (for me) instead of feeling like they're situated smack dab in the middle of my living room.

Party on!
Papillon

No comments:

Post a Comment